Thursday, February 23, 2012

Introduction: Peering through murky lenses towards the divine

Ok so I decided to start this blog with the hopes of capturing my thoughts somewhere and sharing them with others in the hopes of sparking some conversations and paradigm shifts when needed. I was having a hard time when wanting to name it because all the cool blog names have been taken then I remembered a verse in 1 Corinthians 13:11-12 "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know as I also am known."


There are many blogs already and more preachers/theologians who think that they know all the answers and understand the divine clearly. That's not me and that's not what I'm here for. I'll take my cues from negative theology which summed up by St. Basil is that if 'you can understand God then he's not God' and so negative theology realizes our truths aren't wholly true and attempts to understand God by what he clearly isn't.


Anyway, I'm an undergraduate Theology and Biblical Languages student who's just peering down through the looking glass dimly seeing and so conversation is welcome because many pairs of eyes are better than just one.


P.S. I've never read Lewis Carrol's book though I just bought a small collection of his works and will read  them to my baby when he/she is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment